When using End the Cycle resources (stories, images, videos) you agree to make sure all organisational stakeholders are aware of these usage terms.
- End the Cycle resources are not intended to be used for fundraising but through
awareness raising End the Cycle understands raising funds may occur as a result.
- For Australia only – the resources must not be used for political advocacy (Ghana resources
According to End the Cycle’s methodology, the people who feature in these resources have told their
own stories and have approved the final resources exactly how they are. In order to ensure the
resources remain in this exact form and as per our agreement with them, please note:
- The stories must not be abbreviated, edited, re-told or changed in any way.
- If for practical reasons the whole story cannot be told (eg: print space) then the photo must be
provided with a caption that includes a direct link to the story on the End the Cycle website. The
End the Cycle team must be notified of, and agree to such usage in advance.
- Images cannot be used on their own. They must be accompanied either by the full story, or
where not possible, by a caption and a direct link to the full story on the End the Cycle website.
- Image captions and accompanying texts:
- Must not be used to retell the person’s story, or represent the individual different to the
original intention. This means captions should be no more than two sentences and
should only be used to introduce the basic information of the story (e.g. the person’s
name, country and situation).
- Must adhere to the End the Cycle principles of representing people with
disabilities as active, empowered and contributing members of society.
- All images will be provided with the End the Cycle logo in a corner, to avoid confusion as to the
origin of the story.
Image attribution must be given (Photo: name of photographer/DPO/End the Cycle)
- In special cases, where only parts of the stories (eg: a short video extract or quote) can be used
this needs to be approved by the person telling the story and/or the local partner via End the
Cycle. This ensures the people telling their stories retain ownership of their stories, how they are
represented, and in which context.
- Image and video copyright remains with End the Cycle/CBM.
- The videos must not be edited or re-branded.
- All resources must remain accessible free of charge to everyone. You are not permitted to
charge any fee to access the End the Cycle resources.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org